Empty Cereal Box

Views From Inside an Adoptee

June 10, 2006

Paradise vs. the Crap on Our Driveway

Talked to K on Skype tonight. She hasn't been able to find wi-fi in Antigua yet, so she has to use storefront computer labs and pay by the hour (really cheap) to post on her blog, email, and Skype. When she can find wi-fi, she says she'll upload some pictures onto her blog. In the meantime, here is a shot I found that illustrates the atmosphere on a street in Antigua. K says it's a rainforest paradise all around the city, which is surrounded by volcanos.

Our moving sale went reasonably well. Meaning our crap sold as well as we could expect, but we still have a driveway full of crap that I can't imagine other people could possibly want. We're going in for a second day of selling crap tomorrow. At least it was fun to talk to a lot of people and neighbors we never had a chance to meet. We wound up giving a lot of stuff away or charging a quarter here and there for things that cost a hundrend times that. But that's what it's all about. We also had an open house and a few people had a walk through. Next week I'm going to give in and let our agent put a lock box on the front door so I can leave the house during the day. As it is I'm trapped waiting for phone calls and knocks on the door. Yikes. I never knew what it was like to try to sell a house before. I have a lot of other things I want to write about and bloggers to visit, but these things will have to wait until next week. Excuse me, but I have to go find my bed and fall into it....zzzz-z-z-z z z z

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home